Sunday, April 29, 2012

Updates on Sabu's condition have hit the 'Net, and it's looking promising:

Terry Brunk, AKA Sabu, remains in critical condition at Aria Frankford Hospital in Philadelphia after being transported there yesterday after an apparent overdose. While testing is still being done, it still appears that the cause of Sabu’s apparent condition is a volatile mixture of alcohol and some sort of medication. 

An Advanced Life Support Unit out of Bensalem, PA worked on Brunk for nearly 25 minutes at the hotel prior to transport. We have been told that CPR was NOT needed, but that Brunk was intubated. While he was unresponsive, Brunk did have a weak pulse and was barely breathing on his own. Intubation is quite common for overdose patients and for those who are unresponsive or unconscious during transport. 

Intubation is simply inserting a tube into the trachea to create an airway which will allow for the use of a ventilator. 

Upon arrival at Aria Frankford Hospital, Brunk was immediately placed in ICU. He did have a stomach lavage (better known as having your stomach pumped) performed an hour after arriving. Brunk will now be monitored in ICU for at least 24 hours. He could be (and probably will be) monitored even longer. The reason this is done is to ensure that there are no drastic side effects to the toxins that have already been absorbed into the bloodstream prior to being pumped out. 

The contents of the substance pumped from Brunk’s body have already been sent to the lab for testing. 

As of 10:14am this morning, Brunk remains in critical condition. His pulse and blood pressure have improved, however he is still using a ventilator to aid in breathing. He remains unresponsive for the most part even though his vital signs have improved. It should be noted that this behavior is normal in overdose patients. 

Hopefully Sabu can get back to breathing on his own and responding. Christ, I wonder what they're going to find when those contents come back.

EDIT Word from F4W and Yardbarker is that Sabu checked himself OUT of the hospital today?

According to Mike Johnson of PWInsider, Sabu has checked himself out of the hospital a little before Noon today. He is telling people that he is “fine”. As we reported this morning, Sabu’s condition had improved over night and his vital signs were much better following a stomach lavage procedure to pump his stomach. As of 10:14am this morning, he was still in the hospital and was being monitored for side effects of a possible overdose. I can’t confirm PWInsider’s report that Sabu has been released, but it seems apparent that Sabu improved enough over night to be able to check himself out of Aria Frankford Hospital. We’ll post more as we receive it.

Post a Comment:

Designed By Blogger Templates | Templatelib & Distributed By Blogspot Templates